Monday 26 September 2011

A Couple of Discovery Exercises


Discovery Exercise - Embedding a YouTube Video

It was actually pretty easy to put a YouTube video into my blog. I found this classic Simpsons clip on YouTube, copied the URL, then posted it in the 'Insert a Video' option in my post. Done and done.


Discovery Exercise - Social Bookmarking - Delicious and Library Thing

I admit that I spent most of my time with Library Thing, since I'm an avid book lover and have a ton of books at home that are in desperate need of cataloguing (as well as shelf space). I found it a pretty useful tool to keep track of all my books (mostly fantasy), as well as finding recommendations for other similiar themed books and authors. There were also reviews, groups and discussions going on and a whole range of authors that use Library Thing for their own reading which I found pretty interesting.


Delicious seemed to be a pretty useful site for bookmarking useful websites and adding tags to categorise and organise them. I didn't spend that much time with it, but from what I explored it seemed that this would be a useful tool for sharing links with other people and seeing how they have tagged similiar links, building a kind of online social network.

No comments:

Post a Comment